View in Browser http://pentonminc.com/c1/1330887/cfcb7e63eeccf630/cfcb7e63eeccf630/~/-108
Take steps to invest in replacement heifers Get them off to a good start, and you can help ensure that future looks bright.
1. Select the right heifers
- Calves born early in the calving season
- Mature body size that matches the ranch resource availability
- An ability to get bred and pregnant early in the breeding season
2. Establish a modified-live virus vaccine protocol to keep her healthy and ensure longevity
- One dose at about 60 days of age, or around branding/turnout
- A second dose at 150-170 days of age, or preweaning, prior to any expected health challenges
- A dose at 7+ months of age, or weaning
- Two doses after 11 months of age, prior to breeding
3. Ensure proper body condition score (BCS)
- BCS of at least 5 at breeding
- Maintain, or ideally gain, weight post breeding
To implement replacement heifer management strategies, work with your veterinarian to develop a preventive health plan, including vaccine protocols, appropriate for your operation.
Heifers and health challenges
The Express(r) FP line of modified-live virus vaccines gets breeding-age heifers off to a great start, and provides protection against key reproductive diseases that can impact fertility, conception and gestation. An effective immune response is best accomplished with two to three doses.
Replacement heifer health should start early, though, as vaccinations received as a calf help set her up for success down the road. The combination of Pyramid(r) 5 + Presponse&(r) SQ helps protect calves against major viral and bacterial respiratory diseases in a single syringe. Always read and follow product label directions.
Improve your modified-live virus vaccine program with tips on proper mixing, handling and administration.
All products are trademarks or registered trademarks of Boehringer Ingelheim Vetmedica, Inc. (c)2015 Boehringer Ingelheim Vetmedica, Inc.
To STOP receiving promotional e-mails from Boehringer Ingelheim, please click here http://firstname.lastname@example.org&H&0&1
900 Ridgebury Rd. P.O. Box 368 Ridgefield, CT 06877
Your e-mail address has not been given to any business partners. Periodically, Beef, may inform you of the latest offers and new products from select business partners that we believe you will find helpful in your business or career. If you do not wish to be contacted with these email messages, please click here http://pentonminc.com/r/rm_pm.asp?1330887&cfcb7e63eeccf630$&H&0&BEE&7188